You don’t have to spend on radio transponders to keep your new escalades under observation. Knowing the exact location of these things without bleeding is not as difficult as you might think.
Standalone GPS and radio triangulation method is a costly method. Even neglecting the installation and activation and hefty monthly costs, even the basic units can cost a lot. We don’t really need that much. The great news is if you have a GPS enabled GPS phone with you, you can easily set up your own car tracking system for next to nothing. Let us help you in that.
• If you already have a phone, which has GPS, you can skip these steps and go directly to the software installation part.
• If you don’t have such a phone, you should buy one. You don’t need to buy the latest iPhone or Samsung S5 to get started. The most basic handset like Motorola i290 can do the trick for you. It will cost you a little over Rs 2000 and this will do the job perfectly. If not available, find something for as cheap as you can with GPS feature.
• Irrespective of whatever model you choose, you should turn on the internet connection of the phone. Get the settings, if it isn’t delivered by the service provider automatically. This is needed so your phone can send and receive data.
• Change the settings. As this is to be used for vehicle tracking purpose only, you don’t need to alert the thieves that they are being tracked. Thu mute the keypad and also set the ringer volume to zero.
• Now we need a tracking and mapping service. There are lots of tools available but we can select free ones and download and install them easily. The over the air installation is another feature. The easy to use feature should be one condition as well. There are a few paid alternatives as well who do the job perfectly as well.
• Now turn the phone on. It should be somewhere under the Java applets, depending on the model of the handset. Activate the app and set the location. Now allow the app to access the GPS chip. Once the status changes from locating to tracking, you are done.
• As the power supply, hard-wire the phone to your car battery. If you are not comfortable in this step, ask a car mechanic to do this.biometric attendance machine